Join fellow Oil Heat Institute of Rhode Island members at various conferences, educational meetings, trainings and events throughout the year.
Monthly meetings take place March though December in the Providence area. Please check back for updates on the 2017 schedule of meetings.
The New England Institute of Technology will once again be running the Basic Technician Training and the Pipefitter II Technician Training programs in 2017 Click here for registrations forms:BASIC OIL TECH/PIPEFITTER REGISTRATION FORMS. You may qualify for the RI Workforce Development Job Training Tax Credit. Pre-approval is required. Click here for the RI Business Workforce Center or contact Roberta Fagan for assistance 401-619-4553.
160 HOUR BASIC OIL HEAT TECHNICIAN**UPDATED DATE May 8 – October 4, 2017 – This comprehensive 160 hour program of study will prepare the participant for a successful career as a technician in the oil heat industry. This training program is designed for students that have no previous training or experience in the field of heating. Each major oil burner component will be studied as to its function, operation, testing and replacement. This training program also cover the understanding of electrical controls and wiring for heating systems. Examination of forced hot water, steam and forced warm air systems and component parts will be discussed in detail. Additionally, the participant will be prepared for the Rhode Island State PJF/Oil Burner Service Journeyperson II, LTD exam. Classes will take place May 8 – October 4, 2017 on Monday and Wednesday evenings, 5:45pm- 10pm. Please call 401-619-4553 or email Roberta Fagan to be place on waitlist and for updates.
PIPEFITTER II **UPDATED DATE July 18- November 14, 2017 – This comprehensive 128 hour program of study will prepare the participant for a successful career as a Pipefitter II journeyman in the oil heat industry. Apprenticeship/License requirements: Each company enrolling participants in this training program will be responsible for meeting all of the requirements of the apprenticeship program for pipefitters established by the State of Rhode Island’s Apprenticeship Council and all of the licensing requirements of the State’s Board of Mechanical Licenses. Classes will take place 2 evenings a week as follows:
- JULY, AUGUST & SEPTEMBER – TUESDAY & THURSDAY 6-10PM
- OCTOBER TUES & WEDNESDAY EVENINGS 6-10PM AS FOLLOWS: 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 28th, 31th
- NOVEMBER TUES & WEDNESDAY EVENINGS 6-10PM AS FOLLOWS: 7th and 14th
- Please call 401-619-4553 or email Roberta Fagan to be place on waitlist and for updates.
- April 26th 1:00- 4:00pm – sales training session for technicians “Improving Profitability & Client Interaction – Spririto’s Restaurant, 477 Broadway, Providence, RI 02909
- May 11th – 9:00am-11:30am – MIND OVER MATTER: NEW tools that will lead you to profitable actions. This course will take place at Spirito’s, 477 Broadway, Providence, just before the May OHI association meeting.
- NORA’s entire Oilheat Technicians Manual is available at NORAweb.org under the “Education” menu tab at NO COST. Download chapter-by-chapter in .pdf format or click here to open. The manual can also be purchased in its printed and bound version at NORAstore.org
- OHI MONTHLY MEETING- April 12th, Noon – Spirito’s Restaurant, 477 Broadway, Providence, RI 02909 – Terri Avila/ RI DLT – will review tax credit and tuition reimbursement for RI employers and employees.
- WINE TASTING & SILENT AUCION – Thursday May 11th, 6-9pm at Gasbarro’s Wine on Atwell’s Avenue, Providence. Sponsorship opportunities available. Click here for more details.
- PMAA CONFERENCE/ /DAY ON THE HILL, Washington, DC May 17-18; Day on the Hill May 19th. http://www.pmaa.org/meetings/upcomingmeetings/
- EASTERN ENERGY EXPO- Hershey, PA May 21-25th www.easternenrgyexpo.com
- NEFI EXPO – Worcester, MA June 14-15th DCU Center https://nefi.com/expo.php
- OHI CLAMBAKE/COOKOUT – August 3rd, 1-6pm Fort Getty Pavillion, Jamestown, RI 02835
- SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND ENERGY EXPO(SNEEC) – Gurney’s Resort (formerly the Hyatt Goat Island) Newport, RI September 18-19th