Advancements in Technology Help the Home and the Environment
Modern technology has made it possible for oil heating systems to operate more efficiently in order to save consumers money, and in an environmentally-friendly manner. Today’s home heating systems are far more efficient in terms of heat output vs. consumption, and they run smoother and last longer, which means less worry for maintenance or replacement.
Here are just some of the benefits when you upgrade your heating system and equipment:
- Higher Efficiency – Modern boilers and furnaces can achieve efficiencies up to 98.5%—that’s 28-46% more efficient than their older counterparts.
- Lower Consumption – Advancements in heating equipment and conservation has led to a 25% reduction in consumption in the past 27 years, with the average consumption dropping from 1,200 gallons of heating oil to 800 gallons.
- Save Money – Energy efficiency upgrades and a new high-efficiency heating system can often cut your fuel bills in half.
- Help the Environment – New and upgraded heating systems can often cut your furnace’s pollution output in half. Plus, new oil burners are close to zero emissions of smoke or combustible discharge.
- Federal Tax Credits – You can take advantage of rebates available for ENERGY STAR®-qualified high-efficiency equipment.
Higher Quality Fuel
In addition to advancements in oil heating systems, oil itself has come a long way throughout the years. The advancements of Bioheat® fuel and other fuel additives are helping the newer heating systems to run at their peak efficiencies, with lower impact on the environment.
Oil Tank Technology
In addition to better fuel and equipment, there are advances in technology that can proactively identify the potential for oil tank failure through ultrasonic, EPA-approved inspections. This technology helps to protect against oil leaks and spills, safeguarding consumers from costly remediation procedures. It’s a simple test that can be completed by your local oil provider during routine tune-ups.